Family inHome Caregiving of Monterey Practices the following:
- We wash our hands often with soap and water for at least 15-20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, we use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- We avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- We wear a cloth face mask and N95 Face mask and have a full line of Personal Protective Equipment to include Face Shields, Gowns, Gloves and N95 Masks to protect ourselves and clients. The full line of PPE is used if we have a COVID-19 client. We also have Best Practices training for using the PPE equipment.
- We Practice social distancing. Maintain a 6-foot distance from other people. Avoid crowds and groups of people as much as we can when working with clients
- Home Care Aides are asked to stay home when they are sick. If they come down with COVID-19 they will be asked to stay at home up to the 14 day period or until it is determined they can go back to work, Family inHome Caregiving will pay for their time off.
- We Cover our cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Standard household cleansers and wipes are effective in cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces. We make several rounds through a shift to clean stair rails, phones, doorknobs, and anything that have been touch thought the day.
- It’s currently flu and respiratory disease season and CDC recommends getting vaccinated, taking everyday preventive actions to stop the spread of germs, and taking flu antivirals if prescribed. I have asked my Home Care Aides to do get shots if they have not, it is at Family inHome Caregiving of Monterey’s expense.